Discover Idaho’s charming Capital City via a walking journey through the heartbeat of the city’s capitol district and historic neighborhoods
- Tasting locations that include the Basque cuisine & culture in Boise make this a memorable experience for locals and out-of-town visitors
- Led by an expert tour leader, guests will enjoy a casual stroll through Old Boise, the Basque Block & the Capitol District’s scenic streets
- Perfect way to enjoy a “bucket-list” worthy experience with family & friends in beautiful Boise… whether you are the host or the visitor
- Discover Boise’s hidden gems, iconic landmarks, ethnic neighborhoods and colorful history
- Fall in love with an extraordinary city – its architecture, rich history, unique culture, commitment to public art, and friendly people
What to Expect
Your tour leader will greet you with a smile near the entrance to the first tasting location (hope you come ready to eat). Once everyone is checked in, you’ll have an opportunity to get to know your fellow tour guests during one of our favorite moments…the introduction circle.
The guide will then take you on a 2.5 hour excursion through the capitol and cultural neighborhood hosting Boise’s emerging culinary scene as you visit several of our favorite dining spots in this section of the downtown corridor.
During and between tastings, we’ll stroll through the main streets and alleyways of our growing downtown and enjoy a glimpse into its early days as Idaho’s territorial capital, our unique ethnic heritage and displays celebrating Boise’s investment in public art. Our enthusiastic, local tour leaders share their knowledge and recommendations of architectural gems, local lore, legend, exciting local attractions, and restaurants.
Let’s do Boise!
Enjoy these delicious and iconic eateries on the Capital City Culinary & Cultural Tour (subject to change)
Ansots Basque Chorizos & Catering
Small plates, Basque & Spanish wines, Basque natural cider, and espresso like you remember from your trips, either real or imagined, to the Basque Country
A unique Restaurant-Cantina dedicated to quality food served at a great value
Eat. Drink. Be Lively in Boise, Idaho. Cuisine that is crafted from carefully sourced ingredients and served with sincere, gracious hospitality
The Chocolat bar
Premium ingredients to produce amazing flavor combinations that will keep you wanting more
The Basque Market
Award winning market specializing in food & drink native to the Iberian Peninsula (established in 2000)
Dharma Sushi & Thai
Modern counter-serve spot featuring creative sushi & Thai dishes, including vegan options
Waffle Me Up
Handmade, fresh pressed, fully-loaded Liege Waffles (established 2012)
Saint Lawrence Gridiron
Food that explores the roots of American Cuisine (established 2014) *only available on select tour dates*
Have questions? Here’s the most frequently asked.
Still have questions? Visit our FAQ page to submit your own