INDULGE BOISE TOUR GUIDE JOB DESCRIPTION
Passionate about the Greater Boise area? Fascinated with the emerging culinary scene? Knowledgeable about Treasure Valley history and architecture? Great storyteller? Enjoy entertaining guests and friends? If any of these traits & characteristics sound like you, we have an exciting opportunity for you!
We are hiring tour guides to join our Indulge Boise Food Tour team and are looking for fun, energetic, and ambitious individuals who have a professional, friendly personality and who would love to take local residents and out-of-town visitors on a culinary & cultural journey through the City of Trees. If interested, review our Indulge Boise Tour Guide Responsibilities and apply to be a guide!
Indulge Boise Tour Guide Responsibilities:
- Primary Responsibility: Lead guests on a 2 to 3-hour culinary walking tour, with detailed & accurate commentary at each stop and at appropriate relevant & interesting sites en route.
- Guide must be able to deal with logistical issues that might arise on tour and problem-solve while maintaining enthusiasm and care for the guests.
- Guide should be friendly to all guests and able to assist them with any requests they might have while on tour or at the conclusion of the tour (within reason).
Indulge Boise Tour Guide Interacting with Tour Guests (photo: @indulgeboise)
Indulge Boise Tour Guide Requirements:
- Guide must be based in the Boise, Idaho / Treasure Valley area.
- Guides should have previous tour guiding experience and/or be an International Tour Management Institute graduate. Possible exceptions may be someone already working in the Boise culinary scene or tourism industry.
- Guide must be knowledgeable and passionate about food, wine, and spirits in general and be familiar with Boise’s food & drink scene.
- Guide must be enthusiastic, friendly, knowledgeable and FUN! We love what we do and we want to work with someone who has a sense of humor, enjoys taking care of people and LOVES to eat and drink as much as we do!
- Guide must be reliable, responsible, able to work independently and capable of solving problems on their own.
- Guide must have demonstrated the ability to manage a flexible schedule and consistently be on time.
- Guide must be able to improvise and demonstrate the ability to think on their feet.
- Guide must be available to work on a mix of weekdays and weekends, daytimes and evenings.
- Guide must be able to stand for long periods of time, walk distances easily, and handle summer and/or winter outdoor temperatures.
- Guide must have access to email, a personal cell phone and a computer/mobile device.
Indulge Boise Tour Guide Training Assessment:
- Guide will be subject to a 30 to 60-day probationary period where they will participate in a comprehensive training program. At the conclusion of that training period, Indulge Boise management will inform the guide if they have passed & can move forward with being a guide for the organization.
Indulge Boise Tour Guide Hours and Pay
- This is a part-time employee position.
- A tour guide will typically spend 3.5-4 hours working a tour (including tour prep or tour wrap-up).
- Pay is commensurate with experience.
- Tour guides also can receive tips/gratuities from tour guests.
Indulge Boise Tour Guide Application
Thanks for your interest in becoming an Indulge Boise Tour Guide. If you want to join the Indulge Boise Team and take the next step towards becoming one of our amazing tour guides, please complete the Indulge Boise Tour Guide Application (click link).
If you have any further questions about becoming an Indulge Boise Tour Guide or other job opportunities with our organization, please contact us via email at email@example.com.